So, you have probably seen dozens and dozens of posts of what NOT to give to your dog or to be aware of while you are cooking. Wouldn’t it be nice to hear some positive news, like what is OKAY for your dog to eat? I have listed below 10 things that your dog can eat safely (and just may be good for them, too)!
1. Apple slices (no cores) – This provides antioxidants and boosts immunity.
2. Spinach – Increases iron, anti inflammatory, contains calcium and anti-cancer properties.
3. Pumpkin (baked or canned) – aids in problematic digestion, and helps constipation and diarrhea.
4. Green Beans – vitamins, high in fiber and a low calorie filler (snacks in between meals).
5. Watermelon – Antioxidants, lycopene, nutrients, helps hydration on hog days.
6. Cantaloupe – easy to digest, a vitamin punch, beta carotene, may help reduce and prevent growth of cataracts.
7. Carrots – filling teats for overweight dogs on diets, good for oral hygiene, use to help with “chewers.”
8. Blueberries – anti-oxidants, occasional rare treat.
9. Pears – Good for cardio and high in dietary fiber.
10. Sweet Potatoes – increase in amino acids, good for muscles, has antioxidant properties.
There you have it … 10 foods that are GOOD for your dog, and most likely, they will like them. I really depends on the dog. You will find treats made with these foods as well.